Please read this before you contact me:
(If you've read it before, scroll to the bottom.)
- I welcome your comments, as long as they are civil and related to some topic posted on the
YDD site. I may not always be able to answer your mail, but I will try to read
everything sent to me.
- For short comments about specific posts, please use the comment links below the posts. I check my comments
about as often as I check my email.
- Trolls, please note that I do not suffer fools gladly. You may find your
content changed by me in ways you will not like. More often, I just delete or ban trolls.
- If you have matters that will not fit in a HaloScan comment, or if you wish to address me privately, please use the
mailto link below to contact me. On most people's computers, clicking the link will open a mail window with an email
address and a subject filled in. (If it does not, you really need to install a more recent browser!)
- Please use plain text email only. I will delete unread most emails in HTML format, and
most certainly anything with an attachment. In short, if it looks funny to me, I'll delete it unopened.
- This email address is transient; don't bother saving it in your address book. I will
change the address occasionally, especially whenever I get too much spam or hate mail. No one regrets the necessity
of this more than I do.
- Please do not add me to an email list without my permission. This means you. Yes, I know,
your list is both worthy and essential to all Democrats, but you still must ask my permission first.
- I may post anything you send me on the YDD site, unless you
specifically request me not to. If there is material you don't want posted, or if you want to remain anonymous,
let me know that. I'd rather use a stable pseudonym for you than no name at all.
- If I reply to you, the From address you see will be different from the address you mailed to, but the
domain will still be stephenbates.com, whatever the mailbox name may be.
Are you OK with that? Good! Talk to me: click
to send me mail.
- If you spam me or send me hate mail, I reserve the right to block your address. Similarly,
I may ban your IP address in my comment area if I feel your comments diminish my visitors' experience.